The CEPU SA, led by State Secretary John Adley, have been lobbying Jay Weatherill’s State Government for some time regarding the licensing of the Labour Hire Industry and we have received some great news, as contained in the attached letter from the Deputy Premier and Minister for Industrial Relations, the Hon John Rau.
The South Australian Government will be drafting a Bill to establish a state-based labour hire licensing scheme in 2017. Key features include:
- A fit and proper person test on owners/directors of labour hire companies;
- A threshold capital requirement based on held assets, revenue and cash flow;
- Annual reporting requirements;
- A compliance unit with government;
- A fee and bond structure which, at least partially, funds such a compliance unit; and
- Making it unlawful for host employers to engage unlicensed labour hire companies.
Click here to read a copy of the reply from the Hon John Rau.