The Official Newsletter of the Power Industry Sub Committee (PISC)
Work and Welfare Related Issues for all Power Workers in South Australia
Wednesday 3rd of April 2013
SA Power Networks News
SAPN Enterprise Agreement Negotiations
A survey has been sent to all CEPU members at SAPN for whom we have an email address so we can gather and collate CEPU members’ intentions regarding the Enterprise Agreement negotiations which are scheduled to begin on the 1st of July. Please make sure you fill this out and return it to your CEPU delegate or to John Adley before the 1st of May. A copy of the Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) signed by the SAPN Single Bargain Unit (SBU) Unions has also been circulated for our members’ information. The SBU Unions representing members at SAPN are the CEPU, ASU, APESMA, AMWU, CFMEU and AWU.
If you haven’t received the survey or MOU by email it means we don’t have your address listed. Contact us with your details and we can add you to the list.
CEPU Delegates and Contacts
During Enterprise Agreement negotiations it is important we have a CEPU delegate or contact in every work group to ensure our Union is representing its members as effectively as possible. If your workplace doesn’t have a delegate or contact person, or you don’t know who they are, please give us a call.
Regulated Heavy Vehicle Work Diary (Log Book)
On Tuesday the 2nd of April the CEPU met with SAPN representatives to discuss the reporting requirements of regulated vehicles (over 12 tonne GVM) under the Road Traffic (Heavy Vehicle Driver Fatigue) Regulations 2008.
The regulations require drivers of regulated vehicles to record and provide information to the ‘record keeper’ (which is SAPN) relating to work.
Confusingly, the information required and the potential penalties for not providing it ($2,500) are the same for work under and over 100km but the manner in which it is required to be recorded differs.
Drivers must record information relating to work over 100km in their Work Diary but it is not mandatory to use the Work Diary for work under 100km, this information can be provided on a Daily Run Sheet
Whether you use the Work Diary or the Daily Run Sheet for journeys under 100km is up to you, but you need to record and provide the required information.
Drug and Alcohol Directive
Random Drug and Alcohol testing as part of the new Drug and Alcohol Directive will begin once leaders have received training and provide a presentation on the testing to their workgroups. This is predicted to be around mid-May.
Bob and John will be visiting SAPN depots to have discussions with CEPU members. Below are the scheduled dates, please note these dates may change and depots not listed are yet to be scheduled. TM stands for Team Meeting.
- Kadina 3.15pm TM Wednesday 3rd April
- Yorketown 3.15pm TM Thursday 4th April
- Mount Barker TM Wednesday 1st May
- Substation Construction TM Monday 6th May
- Murray Bridge TM Tuesday 14th May
- Marleston Supply Restoration and CBD group TM Tuesday 14th May
- Gumeracha TM Wednesday 15th May
- Victor Harbor TM Wednesday 15th May
- Holden Hill Supply Restoration 3.15 Thursday 16th May
- Morphett Vale TM Thursday 16th May
- Kingscote TM Tuesday 21st May
- Elizabeth Projects TM Wednesday 22nd May
- St Marys Projects TM Wednesday 22nd May
- Electrical South TM Thursday 23rd May
- URD TM Thursday 23rd May
- Nuriootpa 3.15pm Monday 27th May
- Telco and SCADA DCTM Tuesday 28th May
- Mt Gambier 3.15pm TM Wednesday 29th May
- Bordertown / Naracoorte TM 7am Thursday 30th May
- Barmera TM 3.15pm Thursday 30th May
- Substation Maintenance TM Monday 3rd June
- TX Maintenance TM Monday 3rd June
- AMO’s & Inspection Officers TM Monday 3rd June
- Elizabeth Supply Restoration TM Tuesday 4th June
- Quality of Supply TM Tuesday 4th June
- Elizabeth Electrical TM Wednesday 5th June
- Metering Services TM Thursday 6th June
- Port Augusta 3.15pm Tuesday 11th June
- Angle Park Training Centre TM Tuesday 11th June
- Whyalla 7am Wednesday 12th June
- Port Lincoln / Cleve TM Wednesday 12th June
- Streaky Bay TM Thursday 13th June
Second Call Standby Proposal
Further discussions have taken place at the Elizabeth depot on an alternative roster proposal and consultation is continuing.
SAPN Audits and Investigations
The CEPU is currently representing members in a number of audits and investigations which are being conducted by SAPN.
CEPU members at Tenix have endorsed a log of claims to be negotiated with Tenix.
AGL Torrens Island Power Station
A mass meeting of Union members was held at Torrens Island Power Station to endorse a log of claims for Enterprise Agreement negotiations which are scheduled to begin on the 22nd of April.
Enterprise Agreement negotiations with RePower are ongoing.
The CEPU has been involved in representing a member in unfair dismissal proceedings against Alinta Energy.
Stand Up For Apprentices
SA CEPU officials have recently given evidence before the Fair Work Commission in support of our national campaign to increase Award Wages for apprentices in our industries.
Power Industry Sub-committee
The Power Industry Sub Committee meets at 4:30 on the first Tuesday of every month in our offices to discuss industrial, safety and welfare issues concerning members working in the power industry. All CEPU power industry members are welcome to attend. The remaining meeting dates for 2013 are the 2nd April, 7th May, 4th June, 2nd July, 6th August, 3rd September, 1st October, 5th November and 3rd December.